Fordwich Town Council Privacy Statement
1. Introduction and General Terms
• what information Fordwich TC may collect about you;
• how Fordwich TC will use information we collect about you;
• when Fordwich TC may use your details to contact you;
• whether Fordwich TC will disclose your details to anyone else;
• your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
Who are we?
Fordwich Town Council (“FTC”) is a small civil town council in East Kent.
When we refer to ‘’we’’ or ‘’our’’ or ‘’Fordwich TC’’ or “FTC” we are referring to Fordwich Town Council.
3. What information will Fordwich TC collect about me?
We do not actively collect data from anyone. But data may be supplied to us if you contact us. This might consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth.
4. How will Fordwich TC use the information it holds about me?
Fordwich TC will only use your personal information for contacting you in relation to Fordwich TC’s activities.
In the unlikely event that Fordwich TC proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first.
6. When will Fordwich TC contact me?
Fordwich TC may contact you:
• in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Fordwich TC or matters in which Fordwich TC may have an interest.
• • in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Fordwich TC, e.g. on Fordwich TC message boards or via text or voicemail message;
• • to update you on any material changes to Fordwich TC’s policies and practices
7. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
8. Will Fordwich TC share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within Fordwich TC except where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Generally, we will use your information within Fordwich TC and will only share it outside Fordwich TC where you have requested it or given your consent.
9. Offensive or inappropriate content on Fordwich TC websites
If you post or send content which may reasonably be deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or objectionable, Fordwich TC may remove such content.
Where Fordwich TC reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws, for example on hate speech, Fordwich TC may disclose your personal information to relevant third parties, including to law enforcement agencies or your internet provider. Fordwich TC would only do so in circumstances where such disclosure is permitted under applicable laws, including data protection law.
10. What if I am a user aged under 18?
If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Fordwich TC.
11. How long will Fordwich TC keep my information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity
13. Can I find out what personal information Fordwich TC holds about me?
We will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be:
Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months), current vehicle registration document, bank statement (from last 3 months), rent book (from last 3 months).
Fordwich Town Council,
Boyden Gate House,
Canterbury, Kent. CT3 4EB.